Frequently asked questions
Will I earn a data analytics certificate from this course?
Yes, when you complete the Data Analytics course, you will earn a Infolytics Data Analytics Certificate, which can boost your LinkedIn profile and resume, helping you stand out in the job market and when applying for data analytics positions.
Are there any prerequisites for this data analytics course?
Infolytics’ Data Analytics course was created for those who are new to data analytics and programming and can be considered a beginner-friendly course. There are no set prerequisites for this course, but a working knowledge of basic statistics can help.
Do I need to know how to code before taking Data Analytics?
Infolytics’ Data Analytics course was created for those who are new to or have minimal programming/coding experience and can be considered a beginner-friendly course.
Can I request for assistance if I need to better understand the topics covered?
You would be glad to know that you can contact the instructor of any Infolytics’ course directly via email at any time throughout the duration of the course. For this course you can contact the instructor, Quinn Weekes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the minimum tech requirements for attending this Live Online course?
- A computer with working speakers and microphone - a laptop or desktop computer is fine!
- A modern operating system - MacOS 10 or higher, Windows 7 or higher, or equivalent.
- A strong and consistent internet connection - at least 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. You can check your speeds for free here.
- Firefox / Safari / Google Chrome
- A Gmail/Google Account. You can see how to set up one here.
- Zoom Application
To make the most of your Live Online experience we also recommend:
- A working web cam. It doesn’t have to be the greatest quality!
- An external monitor if you're using a laptop or a secondary monitor if you're using a desktop computer.
- A comfortable desk and chair.
- Noise cancelling headphones.
- A positive attitude.
What tools and programming languages do we learn?
By taking the Data Analytics course, you will gain first-hand experience with Jupyter/Google Colab Notebooks, and you will learn to program with Python, one of the most popular programming languages used by Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
You will use Python to import, clean, manipulate, and analyze various types of data to solve real-world problems. In addition, using Python packages, you will construct visualizations that can help tell a story with your analyses.